Christmas is my favorite holiday, so I love to embrace it any way I can. One way is through books. I love to read Christmas books, and I also love to read Christmas books to Nick. I know a lot of people are embracing the idea of giving their kids a new Christmas book to read every night between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I love that idea. We don’t do it because 1. we already have a ton of Christmas books, so I try to only buy a few new ones a year, and 2. Nick has us read holiday books all year long, so they’re not new to him. Yep, he’s my son. To help others pick good books though I thought I’d make a list of our 5 favorite Christmas toddler books. These are all board books and they are in alphabetical order.
- A Very Mater Christmas (Disney/Pixar Cars) By Frank Berrios – This is a must have book for all toddler Car’s fans. It looks at a Lightning McQueen and Mater celebrating Christmas in Radiator Springs. It really is a fun little story. Nick is a huge Car’s fan, so this book is right up his ally.
- Biscuit’s Pet & Play Christmas By Alyssa Satin Capuccilli – You can’t go wrong with this “silly puppy.” Biscuit books are a favorite of many toddlers, and this is a cute touch and feel book that focuses on feely Christmas items like a warm sweater and Santa’s beard. I have found that at 2 years old Nick isn’t as excited about touch and feel books as he was at 1, so this book is probably better for young toddlers.
- Clubhouse Christmas (Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) By Susan Amerikaner– This is a book that I bought for Nick at the start of his first Christmas season, and it is still a favorite. The story is about how the gang is getting the Clubhouse ready for Christmas and Santa. One fun part of the book is that each set of pages has a peek window, so a part of the next page shows through to help make the scene.
- Doc McStuffins Jingle Bell Doc By Disney Book Group– This is an adorable book that any Doc fan would love. The book itself is just too cute too because it has a handle on the top that makes it look like a doctor’s bag. Toddlers love special things like that.
- Merry Christmas, Mouse! (If You Give…) By Laura Numeroff – This is a fun book staring Mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. This one is about Mouse getting ready for Christmas. Besides being a fun Christmas book it is also a counting book. With a toddler you really can’t go wrong with any of the books from this series.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Shaped Board Books (Set of 2) By The Rudolph Company, L.P.– These were actually new additions for us this year and Nick and I both really like them. In fact we liked them so much that I went out and bought another one for Nick to use for his daycare book exchange. There cute little stories that talk about what Santa and Rudolph do to get ready for Christmas. I’m a huge fan of the claymation Rudolph special, so these were a must have for me.