Once May and June hit social calendars are filled up with graduation parties. The majority of people attending a graduation open house will give a check or a gift card to the graduate. With so much to purchase for college a financial gift is very much appreciated, but what’s the fun in it? Make your financial gift a bit more fun by giving a money pizza! This easy to make craft will be one that is well remembered on top of being fun and useful!
How To Make A Money Pizza
For years gas cards were the typical graduation gift to give in our house. The problem was when my mother wanted to give a larger amount of money to close friends and family it just didn’t seem right. A gas card with a lot of money on it could be a very nice gift, but my mother wanted to do something a bit more special.
Then someone told her about making a money pizza and the rest is history. Money pizzas became our new staple gift. Everyone we have given has not only been well received, but everyone is always so excited about it that it is shown off to all of the guests. It certainly is a gift that isn’t forgotten. The best part is that it is very easy to make and it takes only a little time.
Money Pizza Supplies:
- A large pizza box – It’s best to get a new one that hasn’t been used. Ask at a pizza place for a large box (works best if you’re picking a pizza up at the same time). They might want to know why you want it, but most places will happily give you one. You can always help sway them by letting them know it’s free publicity because a lot of people are going to see that box!
- Thin piece of cardboard to make into the “pizza.”
- Red paper – You can use construction paper or tissue paper.
- Money (bills and coins)- Go to the bank and take out the amount of money that you want to give the graduate. The amount of bills you need depends on the size that you make your money pizza. You most likely will need 15 to 20 rolled up bills, but you don’t need to give all large bills. You can have a mix of say 20s, 10s, and 5s. Don’t forget to add the amount that the coins add up to as part of the gift amount.
- Shredded paper – I just took paper right from the paper shredder, but you could rip paper up too.
How to Make a Money Pizza Gift:
The first thing you need to do is cut out your thin piece of cardboard into a large circle. This is the base of your pizza. It does not need to be a perfect circle. Adding the bills will help give it a circular. Finish by covering it with the red paper.
There you have it! A fun and easy money gift to make. I can guarantee that it’ll be a hit of the party!
Graduation Gift Resources:
Even if you want to give money it’s sometimes fun to give a little congratulation gift on the side. Here are some cute gift ideas to celebrate the graduates accomplishments!
- Aurora World Graduation Bear Plush, Black Cap, 8.5″
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- Seuss-isms! A Guide to Life for Those Just Starting Out…and Those Already on Their Way
You Are Also Going To Love:
Studies have shown that if you really like this money pizza craft than you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!