Is there anything better than the Thanksgiving turkey? How about leftover turkey? Oh how I love turkey sandwiches after Thanksgiving. Still there are times when we’re left with a lot of turkey as well as other dinner items. I know it’s a crazy thought, but it certainly does happen. What do you do with all of those leftovers? Maybe you make the family come back to have a leftover night a day or so after Thanksgiving. In our family that doesn’t usually finish the dishes off, and how many nights can really do that? It’s just never the same as eating it on Thanksgiving. To change things up I have a great Leftover Thanksgiving Casserole recipe for you, and it’ll incorporate a lot of the different items that are taking up room in your fridge!
Our family loves this this casserole. It tastes so good, and it’s so easy to make. After spending hours cooking Thanksgiving dinner the last thing you want to do the days following it is cook. If you feel that way than you’ll love this recipe because it’s simple to make. The other great thing is that if you’re missing one of the leftover ingredients needed you can easily get a substitution for it. We actually like this recipe so much that we will get the substitution items and make it at all times of the year.
- 2 Cups of cooked turkey (or you could use 2 cups of cooked chicken if your family finished the turkey off)
- 2 Cups of mixed vegetables (you can use any vegetables that you have on hand, or you can use a large frozen bag)
- 1 1/2 Cups of gravy (you can buy a jar of gravy if you’re out)
- 2 Cups of stuffing (if you don’t have any stuffing you can use a box mix)
First add the vegetables to a 2 quart casserole dish. Then chop the turkey into bite size pieces and add them to the casserole dish. Finally pour in the gravy and mix all the ingredients together.
- 2 Cups of Cooked Turkey
- 2 Cups of Mixed Vegetables (or any vegetables of your choosing)
- 1½ Cups of Gravy
- 2 Cups of Stuffing
- Add vegetables, cut up turkey, and gravy to a 2 quart casserole dish and mix together
- Spread the stuffing over the top
- Put in oven and bake at 350 for 1 hour