don’t like hate grocery shopping. Even though I use coupons and take advantage of great deals I often still spend more money on my groceries than I want to. Is there anything worse than when you spend a fortune on groceries but you feel like you didn’t really buy anything? Before figuring out how to work the grocery shopping system the amount of money I’d spend could actually depress me. It’s out of control! Then I learned how to do better, and then I found Ibotta.
What is Ibotta?
Ibotta is an app that allows you to make money off of the groceries you buy, and using it is simple and easy.
- First you download the FREE app.
- Before you go shopping you scan the offers that are available for redemption. These change all the time so you’ll want to scan them before every shopping trip.
- If an item appears in the offers that you know you’ll want to buy then you complete the tasks in order to earn money back on the product. These are quite simple and are comprised of such tasks as posting something to social media, answer a poll question, reading a fact about the product, etc.
- When you go shopping make sure to buy the item(s) that you choose, and make sure that buy the right size if a specific one is specified.
- Once you get home you use the app to redeem the money that you earned. This is very easy. All you have to do is take a picture of your receipt and scan the bar code on the product.
- Then all you have to wait for is to have purchase approved. It says it can take up to 24 hours, but I don’t think I’ve ever waited more than 30 minutes.
- Once you’ve redeemed at least $5 worth of product you can choose to receive that money in the form of a PayPal payment or a gift card. The gift card choice is still pretty new, so there aren’t a lot of choices yet.
What I Think of Ibotta
I had actually heard about Ibotta a long time before I started using it. I had thought you could only use it on a smartphone, and I didn’t have one, so I didn’t pay much attention to it. Then I heard about it again earlier this year and started to wonder if it would work with my tablet. I figured I didn’t have much to loose, so I downloaded the app and gave it a try. I was very excited to find that it worked without a problem! Now that I have a smartphone as well I find it easy to use the app on the smartphone, but either works just as well.
I really like using the app. I don’t always find an offer that I am going to use, but it’s nice to make a little extra off of things I am already going to buy. My favorite is when I get to make money back on a gallon of milk! Every little bit adds up right?
Ibotta just celebrated it’s first birthday, and they have been making a lot of great changes to the app in honor of it. You now can make money back from eating out a certain restaurants, going to see specified movies, and shopping at other stores that aren’t just grocery stores. I am really glad that I decided to take a chance on it. I highly recommend that you try it out for yourself. It’s a great way to make a little extra cash that you can put away for holiday money, vacation money, or just some fun mad cash. Click here to get the app and start making money off of your grocery shopping and other purchases.
Have you used Ibotta before? What are your thoughts on it?