For the past few years I’ve done the simple thing for Nick’s Valentine’s Day parties and bought Valentine’s at the store. This year will be his last Valentine’s Day party at the daycare though, in fact it’s his last holiday party there at all, so I wanted to do something more. For days I thought of different Valentine’s Day ideas that I could do. Eventually I decided that I would make homemade Valentine’s for him to hand out and thought it would be really cute to make Valentine’s Day Poppers.
Valentine’s Day Poppers – with Valentine Printable!
While I was feeling creative I wasn’t feeling like being a crazy overachieving mom. My goal was to create a project that wouldn’t require too much work or cost too much money, and these Valentine’s Day Poppers totally fit the bill. Especially when I took advantage of Dollar General’s great Scott brand deals, so I could easily stock up on all the toilet paper rolls that I’d need. Best of all I was able to stock up on the other supplies that I needed for the poppers while I was at Dollar General. I love one stop shops because it really helps me out with time management.
Supplies Needed to Make the Valentine’s Day Poppers
- Toilet Paper Tube
- Tissue Paper
- Curling Ribbon
- Valentine’s Day Stickers
- Goodies to put inside (candy, stickers, etc.)
- Valentine Printable
- Clear Tape
- Hole Puncher
How to Make the Valentine’s Day Poppers
1. Before you make the Valentine’s Day Poppers you need to start saving all of your used up toilet paper tubes. There are a lot of kids at Nick’s daycare, so I needed a lot of toilet paper tubes to make enough poppers for Nick’s class. To be sure that I’d have enough on hand I stocked up with a 16 Double Roll pack of Scot Extra Soft at Dollar General. Of course I got a really great deal on it by using their coupon app.
2. The first thing you to do to when you’re ready to start making the Valentine’s Day Poppers is to roll a piece of tissue paper around the toilet paper tube. You only need it to wrap around one time, so I’d cut the tissue paper to fit. Once you’ve wrapped it around you can put a piece of tape in the middle to hold it together, and then tuck the edges of the tissue paper into the toilet paper tube.
4. Now that you have the goodies tucked safely inside it’s time to add the outside tissue paper. As before the tissue paper only needs to go around one time, so you can cut the piece to fit. Once you’ve wrapped it around place a piece of tape in the middle to hold it together.
5. At this point you’ll want to gather the tissue paper together at the ends and tie them up with curling ribbon. Once you’ve tied the ribbon you can trim it and curl it with scissors. At this point only do that with one side though so you can attach the Valentine to the popper.
6. Now it’s time to attach the Valentine Printable. Each printable sheet contains 9 Valentines, so you shouldn’t need to print it too many copies. Once you’ve printed the Valentine’s you can cut them out and then make a single hole punch in the upper left hand corner of each of one. To finish fill out the information on the Valentine and then attach it to the Valentine’s Day Popper with the curling ribbon.
7. Now you’re almost done because all that you have left to do is to decorate the Valentine’s Day Popper! I found some cute little sticker Valentines at Dollar General that I used, but any stickers that you find will work. The ones I got came in individual boxes with 2 small sheets of stickers inside. I put one sticker sheet inside the popper as a gift and then I used the other sheet to decorate the popper with.
Save Like Me at Dollar General!
Having now finished making all of the the Valentine’s Day Poppers I have to say that I am really happy with how they turned out. They are so cute, and best of all they didn’t break the bank! Want to know my secret for keeping costs down? I shop at Dollar General and take advantage of their coupon app! Do you want to save money at Dollar General like me?
Here’s how it works:
1. Sign up at or visit the DG App
2. Create account and load which SCOTT® coupons you would like to load
3. Visit your local Dollar General to redeem coupons at checkout.
More Valentine’s Day Ideas for Kids:
- 14 Valentine Books to Read with Your Child
- Candy Heart Sort and Graph: A Valentine’s Day Math Activity
- Easy Craft for Kids: Framed Button Heart
Valentine’s Day Resources:
- 48 ~ Heart Smile Face Mini Erasers ~ 3/4″ ~ New ~ Wedding Table Sprinkles, Valentine
- Sweethearts Conversation Candy, 4 – 1oz Boxes
- ULTNICE Valentine Pencil Decorated with Hearts, Candies, Stars, Etc. – 48 Pencils
You are also Going to Love:
Studies have shown that if you really like kid related posts than you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!